Monthly Archives: June 2009
A story of love in the 21st century…
Unlike the new Transformers movie, this video has neither gigantic robot testicles or offensive racial stereotypes. That either makes it three times better or three times worse than the actual movie, depending on the audience. One thing we can all agree on, at least, is that it is two hundred and four times shorter*.
*: I would say this makes it over two hundred times more worth your time, but that is probably not a universal truth.
- @loxosceles: I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you and the family are holding up okay! #
- Closet monster oozes to freednm http://is.gd/1g5cV #
- @squishable wish list: a moose and/or a bee. Both these are available as understudies, but it's just not the same! #
- Everyone around here is full of nap, except me. It's naptastic get-shit-done time! #
- Sketch: an octopus on a penny farthing http://is.gd/1gjg8 #
- Sushi dinner! Note Mt. Wasabi on the left. http://is.gd/1gqi0 #
- RT @GITNathan: This video cracks me up. Please don't ruin the ending for others if you have seen it. http://tinyurl.com/46f4s3 – HILARIOUS! #
I think I will link to this post whenever I want to wish someone happy birthday. That doesn’t make the wish less special, it would just be impossible to replicate the supreme apropos quality of this video.
The fun actually gets started at 0:23, so I start playback there. Before that, the intro is just the words, “Robots Sing Happy Birthday to Celebrate London Science Museum’s 100th Anniversary”. How long does it take to read eleven words? Eighteen seconds!
Via New Scientist
- Woke up super late and don't even have time for coffee before my meeting. Showered in record time, though! #
- Made it on time for coffee anyway. Ha! #
- Talked to @ptreadwell about getting more involved with photography and video projects at work. Interesting stuff! #
- @mhaithaca: No, but thanks. My work laptop has a built-in reader. in reply to mhaithaca #
- @zombieite: I know how you feel. Are you game for dinner tonight? in reply to zombieite #
- My friends were hell-bent on me recording this, and who am I to argue? http://vimeo.com/5325077 #
- Outside, enjoying the coming storm #
- I wonder if the cranes all around campus make for good lightning rods #
- Well, I'm sad to see the crazy fucker go. He did make some great music in his time… http://is.gd/1dtUe #
- The internet is a funeral pyre for Michael Jackson, it seems. #
- Cooler heads prevail, but a posse is nice. #
- @rstevens: Stella's http://is.gd/1c9lS in Ithaca, NY #everylastdrop in reply to rstevens #
- Feeling rather threatened. #
- Inspiring! RT @zappos "How Twitter Can Make You A Better/Happier Person" – http://bit.ly/twitterbetter #
- They lowered the water level in the lake revealing a SECRET PASSAGE. OMG. http://is.gd/1cpmn #
- Cleaned some stuff up. Amazed at how big my room seems now. #
- I ate entirely too much at dinner. and now I feel like a water balloon about to burst. #
- NooooOOOOooooOOO! It's already far too hot! RT @JupiterSinclair I heard it's supposed to be around 90 degrees here tomorrow. *bliss!* #
- R.I.P., SD Card reader. You served me well. Until you stopped. #