Monthly Archives: September 2009
It surprises me how weird eyes look to me these days when not adorned with thick layers of dark eyeliner. I understand this is a personal preference of my own, and will try not to judge others by their own perfectly valid stylistic choices. In this case that’s pretty easy, as I really love the aesthetic of (and message in!) this video.
Via Ladies of the PQ
- Had insomnia all night, then a headache and congestion in the morning. Sick day! #
- RT @turoczy: Like the open source stuff? So will the City of Portland if this passes http://bit.ly/l2VTY (Via @merrickmonroe ) #
- My first art class is tomorrow. I will MAKE myself go, cold be damned. #
- @dan667: Nope, staff. in reply to dan667 #
- @slithy_toves: The CSMA in the Commons http://www.csma-ithaca.org/ in reply to slithy_toves #
- @slithy_toves: Yep! in reply to slithy_toves #
- @dan667: Good luck! in reply to dan667 #
- Got up bright and early and did yoga, now forgoing festival food in favor of real food and a smoothie at CTB. #
- I'm officially getting old. I yelled at someone to "Slow down!" in the parking deck. #
- Normally, you see, I'd say something more like, "Slow the FUCK down, asshole!". See, old. #
- @echoedruins: I'll go back in time and slap them for you too, if I figure out the physics of it. in reply to echoedruins #
- @slithy_toves: Every time I indulge in fair foods (fry bread and such) they are never as rewarding as I imagine they will be. So why bother? in reply to slithy_toves #
- @slithy_toves: Cake, on the other hand, is usually even MORE rewarding than I imagine, so I may buy some apple cake to bring home :) in reply to slithy_toves #
- Despite my better judgment, I got festival food for dinner. I need to trust my gut feelings more, to preserve good feelings in my guts. #
- Roman hospitality: the professional women of Pompeii http://is.gd/3HDcY #
- @ales_kot: Happy birthday! #
So I suppose it’s time to start being nostalgic for the sort of halcyon summer that exists only in dreams, movies, and fond memories.
If you’re into that sort of thing, that is.
Personally, I’d rather experience the sights, smells, and chills of autumn any day.
Cat pic found on riotclitshave today, other pics taken by me this morning..
Lose/Lose is a computer game, a work of art, a bit of commentary on our society, and quite possibly, a weapon.
By way of exploring what it means to kill in a video-game, Lose/Lose broaches bigger questions. As technology grows, our understanding of it diminishes, yet, at the same time, it becomes increasingly important in our lives. At what point does our virtual data become as important to us as physical possessions? If we have reached that point already, what real objects do we value less than our data? What implications does trusting something so important to something we understand so poorly have?
I think that next time I am ready to do a format/reinstall on a computer which will run this (OS X?) I will give it a play. I have a feeling that is what happened with the current high-score (4711 aliens). That, or a horrible misunderstanding.
I’d recommend not trying the game, but you can still get the background music out of the download file, and it’s awesome in exactly the way a fast-past arcade game soundtrack should be. You can get it from the game, or just grab/listen to it right here: